Health and Safety Policy
Caspian Drilling Company Ltd (CDC) is committed to developing and maintaining a premier health and safety culture for all parties associated with the Company and its operations. The provision of superior health and safety is a core company value of equal importance to environmental protection, operational efficiency, customer service, and profitability. In case of conflict, safety will always come first.
CDC affirms its devotion to the following:
• An Injury Free Workplace will be achieved.
• Management will be actively involved, and commit sufficient financial and other resources necessary for superior health and safety performance. Safety happens by choice, not by chance.
• Supervisors will maintain the health and safety of all personnel as they direct work and other related activity. In the event of a real or apparent safety related conflict with operations, health and safety will always take priority. Safety shall never be sacrificed for expediency.
• All employees have a responsibility to eliminate at risk behavior in themselves and others. This includes the obligation to call "time out" during any perceived unsafe operation. Employee teamwork, cooperation, participation, and support by all is vital if the aims and objectives of this policy are to be achieved. Safety is a condition of employment.
The Company will strive to ensure that:
• Health and Safety is promoted within, and external to, the organization.
• Safe systems of work are identified and adopted.
• Compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements is maintained.
• Appropriate levels of risk assessment will be applied to all activities.
• Employees are made aware of potential hazards and the necessary precautions to be taken through the communication of information, instruction, training and supervision.
• Employees participate fully in all health and safety arrangements and all suggestions for improving standards of performance are actively encouraged.
• The immediate and root cause of incidents (actual and potential) are identified and communicated to prevent reoccurrence.
This policy will be continuously reviewed and revised as necessary to ensure it remains effective.
Caspian Drilling Company is committed to a long term business success with its business partners and clients. This commitment will be achieved through the implementation of its Quality Management system with a focus on continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
Caspian Drilling Company will ensure quality services by providing cost effective services including personnel, facilities, technology and methodology or equipment that are safe, and environmentally sound, CDC will ensure that customer expectations and all statutory and legislative requirements are met.
In pursuit of this, a Quality Manual has been developed which comprises policies and procedures designed to ensure that all Company activities are implemented and suitably controlled. The Management shall ensure that all training, assessments, verification, inspections and audits shall be carried out with the highest degree of professional integrity and technical competence.
Management will ensure that personnel receive information and instruction necessary to actively participate in meeting all Company objectives towards the quality management system. Everyone within the organization will commit fully towards the implementation of this quality policy
Annual measurable objectives will be set and communicated by senior management to all employees, against which we will continue to maintain the high standards of quality within our operations. We continually monitor our systems in place within our operations and assess and evaluate our performance.
To achieve this commitment CDC will ensure support and involvement of all our personnel and sub-contractors utilized. CDC will actively foster a culture of continuous improvement and open communication throughout the Company.